Frequently Asked Questions
- The Victoria Dining Room serves as a tea room whenever the house and gardens are open serving a selection of hot drinks, cakes and scones. Access to the tearoom if for Hall and/or Gardens ticket holders only. The tearoom last orders are usually 15 minutes before closing.
- Yes, free parking is available in the stable yard. On event days parking is on grass in the front park.
The car park is only a short distance from the Hall or alternatively, visitors may use the area at the front of the Hall as a drop off point. A disabled toilet is available in the lavatory block at the front of the Hall.
Hall: The ground floor of the Hall is fully accessible. Access to the house is via the garden door, please notify a member of staff on arrival for instructions on how to reach this entrance. Mobility scooters are not suitable for use within the house. The first floor of the Hall is not accessible to wheelchair users.
Gardens: The gardens are fully accessible although please note that many of the paths are gravel. We recommend that wheelchair users bring a companion.
In order for us to make your visit as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, please contact us with any further questions or concerns you may have.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accept card payments. Cash only.
- Yes, please see the group visits page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Well-behaved dogs are allowed in the gardens, grounds and to events but not inside the hall. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs (please note that there are no dog waste bins on site).
- Regretfully picnics are not permitted.
- Tours last approximately 75 minutes. There are two tours per afternoon leaving at 1.45pm and 2.30pm. There is no need to book in advance, tickets can be bought on the day. On bank holiday open days, a free flow system with room stewards is in operation instead.
- Photography is permitted in the grounds and gardens but not within the Hall. Photography must be for private use. No commercial photography or photography for financial gain allowed without prior permission.
- The Hall and Gardens are open during most major events under separate admission. Please check the individual event information for confirmation.
- Membership to The Lamport Society allows free access for a 12 month period. For more information click here.
- To ensure the safety of our visitors at Lamport Hall & Gardens, when high winds are forecast we close the gardens. Our policy is to close the gardens when wind speeds reach gusts of 45mph or faster. Therefore we may close in advance when high winds have been forecast. In advance of any closure we will try notify people through our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) and through our website. For your own safety, please do not enter our grounds when closed signs are displayed.