Enjoy this brand new event for 2021 in the walled garden at Lamport Hall. Hire your very own private igloo, bell tent or picnic blanket and soak up the atmosphere of the gardens. Pre-book delectable catering from some of the best local food enthusiasts and enjoy the drinks bar and oyster bar by The Oyster Box on site.
How does it work?
– Pre-book your igloo, bell tent or picnic blanket which are all suitable for up to 6 people. If you’re more than 6 people, you will need to book more than one igloo, tent or blanket. Igloo and bell tent hire is for 2 hours only. Picnic blankets are for 4 hours if booked at 2pm or 6pm or 2 hours if you book the 4pm or 8pm slots. Dining in the igloo will be served on crockery with glassware. Tents and picnic blankets will have eco-friendly disposables.
– Pick your catering. You may not bring onto site any food or drink not purchased or pre-ordered at the event. The four course menu is only available to igloo diners. You do not have to all book the same catering on one booking – for instance you could have 1 afternoon tea, 1 oyster platter and 2 meat picnic boxes in one order. Bottles of wine or champagne can be pre-ordered but all alcohol by the glass, hot drinks and soft drinks are purchase only on the day from the bar. The oyster bar will also have individual oysters and smaller seafood plates to order on the day. The food items listed on the ticket page can only be pre-ordered and will not be available to purchase on the day. If you have any dietary requirements including vegetarian and vegan, please order and pay for the option you would like (e.g. afternoon tea) and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your dietary requirements. Any dietary requirements we have not been notified of in advance will not be catered for on the day. Please note we need at least four days notice on any dietary requirements.
– For full menus please see below. Menus are set and cannot be adapted unless to accommodate a dietary requirement.
– Social distancing from other parties will be in place. Please note there may be a short wait between sittings in order to sanitise the area. You would be welcome to use the bars whilst you wait. Please only arrive during your pre-booked slot and ensure to leave promptly so we can manage numbers on site at any one time. Hand sanitiser stations will be in place. The event will end at 10pm with last orders from the bar at 9:30pm.
– You can book an igloo, tent or blanket without pre-ordering any catering but you will be required to order from the bar or oyster bar on arrival. No outside food or drink will be allowed.
– Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event. Children are welcome to the 2pm and 4pm slots but not for the evening slots (6pm and 8pm).
– There is free parking on site just a short walk away from the gardens. If you have mobility issues, do let us know in advance and we can arrange a shuttle service for you. Taxis are welcome to pick up from outside the Hall.
Tickets are available here.
Four course menu –
Gin infused chicken liver parfait, filo pastry, red onion marmalade and crispy chicken skin
Confit cherry tomato, black olive tapenade, pickled celery and tomato crisp (VE)
Torched mackerel, salt baked beetroot carpaccio, squid ink crackers, pickled shallots, tarragon emulsion, caviar and herb oil
Wild garlic and celeriac veloute, blackened asparagus and puffed wild rice (VE)
Soy glazed flat iron steak, pickled shimeji mushrooms, crispy shallots, charred tender stem broccoli and black garlic
Charred cauliflower steak, harissa spiced aubergine, blackened courgette, hummus, pickled carrots, coriander and black sesame (VE)
Lemon cheesecake mousse, lemon curd, chocolate soil, chocolate tuille, honeycomb and yogurt sorbet
Rum steeped caramelised pineapple, coconut and lime cream, toasted coconut, flaked hazelnuts and mixed seed granola (VE)
– £65 per head
Meat picnic – Chorizo and pork belly sausage roll, black pudding bonbons, ham hock terrine, scotch egg, honey glazed sausages, garlic parsley mayonnaise and pickled shallots – £16
Veggie picnic – Selection of three English cheeses, red onion marmalade, oat biscuits, grapes and figs, Marmite butter, sourdough and parmesan crisps – £14
Pudding picnic – Chocolate brownie, raspberry jam donut, pistachio and coffee macaron and mini lemon meringue pie – £7.50
The Oyster Box
Beer battered cod with triple cooked chips and homemade tartare sauce – £16.50
British lobster roll in a brioche roll with avocado, roasted garlic, spicy mayo and fries – £18.50
Best of British Platter Fruits De Mer – whole native lobster, dressed Cromer crab, Scottish langoustines, king prawns, cockles, crayfish tails, cocktail prawns, aioli, Marie Rose, crème fraiche and crusty roll – £80 for 2 people
Cromer crab mac and cheese with bacon, Parmesan and a crusty bread roll – £16
The Delicious Factory
Afternoon tea – a trio of sweet patisserie treats, scones served with jam and clotted cream, a selection of three finger sandwiches, a Cumberland sausage roll, a smoked salmon, spinach and parmesan tart and some T2 loose leaf tea – £18.50 per person.